Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Amity Point - North Stradbroke Island - Part 1





The above are a collection of photos I took on my recent trip to North Stradbroke Island off the coast of Brisbane, Queensland.
It's been a long time since my last trip to 'Straddie' back when I was 12 years old, but the island is as beautiful, if not more beautiful than I remember. Staying in our usual cabin (My Uncle, Aunty & cousins visit the island regularly and always stay at the same place), there is a small but perfect jetty where we spend majority of our time, where we enjoy fantastic fishing and the most spectacular sunset views. The water is so clear you can see the colourful reef fish swim below and at night dolphins show off in the spotlight.
During my time spent on the island, I couldn't look any where without seeing a perfect photo shot and carried my camera with me at all times. As corny as it may sound, I found a renewed appreciation for nature and all its simplistic beauty - I often found myself just wandering aimlessly, dumbstruck look apon my face, just staring in awe at all the beautiful scenery.
Not only did my time spent there reawaken my creative side, but I left feeling a calm in myself I hadn't felt in a long time - I guess it's true what they say about unwinding on vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment